Sunday, July 17, 2011

Henry's Library Party

Henry's birthday was a blast! It was hard work getting over the finish line but we did and it was well worth it. My little boy had a big day (with multiple costume changes) and more book fun than you can poke a stick at!

Henry started the day in his traditional Vietnamese get-up and then the book nerd came out with his cardie and black frame glasses (a stapler would have come in handy trying to keep those on).



When buying things for the party I quickly came to the conclusion that even with the book theme I still wanted a colour theme. I chose dark green and navy blue and went with traditional patterns like hound and tooth and tartan to keep it preppy and bookish.


The cake and food turned out super cute and tasty. When I was just happy with cute, tasty was a bonus. We had the Very Hunger Caterpillar cake and Green Sheep cookies. The Green Eggs and Ham turned out great and I even forced my sister to sit there and draw on trunks for my Fairy Floss Truffula Trees. George's  Marvelous Medicine punch on the other hand looked gross but tasted great. 







I made a kids book cover bunting with iron on transfers that I just loved and is now in Henry's nursery. It is just so colourful and happy and reminds me of his birthday every time I open his door.

All the kids also decorated they own library bags with the iron transfers. I used Aprill Baby Shower as a practice and it went really smoothly every with 5 year olds wielding the iron. Each kid was also given a personalized bookmark thanking them for coming.




I set up a reading corner that I really thought would just be props, but was pleasantly surprised when it was used by more than one kid. The ball pit on the other hand was used by every kid, young and old.



Thanks to all that helped and all that came. It was a great day and the photos don't do justice to the fun had on the day. Without you lovely people Henry would not have had such a lovely day.xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment